Monday, July 28, 2008

My birthday

My birthday was fantastic! I've had some rather crappy birthdays for the past ohhhh...8 years. So it was awesome to have a really and truly blessed birthday. I got so many cards and emails and notes from people...I felt very loved :-)
Jill, unfortunetly, was not in town for my actual birthday since she was in Mexico. But, she did give me my presents before she left. She gave me a very pretty necklace that I now wear ALL the time and shakey music eggs! Love my eggs!! :-) Mom and Dad got me a gift card to Kohls which I look forward to using. Three of the gals at work took me to lunch...Janelle brought her two and four year olds along...Chaley (the four year old) decided that she wanted to sing me If you're happy and you know it after she sang a very wonderful version of Happy birthday :-) So cute!
Here's a picture of the BEAUTIFUL flowers that Sarah at work got me and a few of the cards I got.


Corey went above and beyond and suprised me by having a very yummy and very pretty edible arrangement sent to my office. Definite bonus points were gained :-) The ladies at work all enjoyed sharing the fruit and were very impressed by the effort Corey went to.

After work was Bible Study where they made one of my favorite meals...Pancakes and Bacon! They also made a very yummy birthday cake...The first picture was taken just after I'd licked the icing off of a canlde. My face looks funny...but it's a good picture of the pretty necklace Jill got me!

So far...26 has been an awesome year...I believe numerically 26 represents one of the names of God (the Hebrew alphabet has numbers associated with the letters...Uncle Jim can explain it better)...so I've decided that 26 must be the year of the Lord's favor :-)
I'll keep you updated on how it's going!


No comments: